KINGSTON BLOUNT VILLAGE HALL CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The term HIRER shall mean the individual hirer or where the hirer is an organisation the authorised representative.
The term HALL shall mean the main hall, committee room, kitchen, toilets, car park and field.
The term Property shall mean, locks, keys, tables, chairs, crockery, glassware and all kitchen equipment.
The term the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE shall mean the trustees and or members of the village hall committee.
The term BOOKING shall mean the act of booking the hall in advance for an event or celebration.
The Hall is available for hire between the hours of 08.00 and 24.00. Both the Hall and the Car Park must be vacated by 24.00
The maximum number of people permitted in the Hall are 100 if tables are used and 120 if only chairs are used.
The HIRER is to be present during the period of the hire and be responsible for supervision of the premises and all property. The HIRER will also supervise the car park so as to avoid any obstruction to the highway. The HIRER must make sure that all fire exits are kept clear. The fire assembly point is the car park.
The HIRER shall not use the premises for any other purposes other than that described on the booking form, shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for unlawful purposes or in any unlawful way in a way that would negate any insurance policies in respect of the premises.
The HIRER shall be responsible for the cost of repairing any damage to the building, contents or grounds that may occur during the period of the hire.
Should the HIRER wish to play music via amplifiers please be considerate to local residents. Please note that all music must stop by 23.30 hours
Should the HIRER wish to use a bouncy castle or other inflatable please note that the VILLAGE HALL’s public liability insurance does NOT cover the use of such devices and the VILLAGE HALL will NOT be held responsible for any accident or injury arising from their use on the premises.
Alcoholic drinks shall only be supplied and/or consumed on the premises with the express permission of the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE. The HIRER shall be responsible for obtain such licences from the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE as may be required for the sale and supply of alcohol. A charge for such licence will be made.
No alcohol should be available to persons under the age of 18 years. All parties booked for persons under the age of 18 must be supervised by two adults and be present during the period of hire to supervise the function.
Gambling is not permitted on the premises without the express permission of the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE and the HIRER shall be responsible for all legal obligations.
The VILLAGE HALL is a no smoking hall.
The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to refuse any application without reason or apply special hire times and/or terms.
The HIRER must be over the age of 21.
No birthday parties may be booked for 18 or 21st celebrations.
As published in the Parish Notes and on KBV Hall website.
The VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE reserves the right to refuse a booking for any reason whatsoever.
The BOOKING is held provisionally for 14 days from booking confirmation. All PAYMENTS are due within 14 days of confirmation and issue of invoice.
The HIRER has access to the HALL and its grounds during the hire period only. The HIRER will be given the key code once payment has been received.
During the Hire
The HIRER shall ensure that the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE be informed immediately should there be any damage or problem with the hall upon the start of the hire. The HIRER should also inform the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE should any damage occur during the hiring or any failure of equipment belonging to the HALL.The HIRER shall ensure that the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE be informed immediately should a visit from the Police, Fire Brigade or Ambulance or other Local Authority take place.The HIRER must report all accidents to a member of the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE as soon as possible.
End of the Hire
The HIRER shall be responsible for leaving all areas hired in a clean and tidy fashion, the key returned to the key safe and all rubbish removed from the premises. All items that the HIRER brought into the HALL must also be removed. The HIRER shall ensure that any contents temporarily removed from their usual position are properly replaced and tables are put back in the cupboard and chairs are properly stacked. The HIRER must ensure that all windows are closed and fastened. That all taps in the kitchen and cloakrooms are turned off. That all lights are turned off. The HIRER shall ensure that the HALL is properly locked and secured.
In the event that:
- The HALL is not left in a clean and tidy state and it is deemed by the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE that a professional cleaner is necessary the fees of said cleaner will be charged in full to the HIRER.
- The key has not been returned to the key safe within 8 hours of the period of HIRE the VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE will charge the HIRER for the complete replacement of the door lock and keys.
By the Hirer
If the HIRER wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event a cancellation fee may be charged. Exceptional circumstances to be discussed with the booking clerk.
- Cancellation 4 weeks or more prior to the hire no fee will charged
- Cancellation up to 2 weeks prior to the hire 50% of the fee will be refunded if the hall is re-booked then no fee will be charged.
- Cancellation 7 days or less no refund.
By The Village Hall Committee
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to cancel the hire with or without notice and for any reason whatsoever. Any fees paid will be refunded.
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to cancel the hire in the event that the HALL is required as a polling station for a Parliamentary or Local Authority election or by-election. Any fees paid will be refunded.
Any doubts regarding the terms and conditions the HIRER should consult the Booking Clerk.
Conditions of Use
Fire Safety Precautions
- The HIRER of the Village Hall must familiarise themselves and their guest with the location of the fire exits and to make sure that all exits are kept clear at all times.
- The fire extinguishers are located in the lobby (2), the main hall (1) and in the kitchen (1). A fire blanket is also in the kitchen.
- The HALL is a no smoking hall and no naked flames are allowed.
- The Fire Assembly point is in the main car park. The HIRER must be aware of the evacuation procedures and contact numbers are displayed on the main noticeboard in the entrance lobby.
The Village Hall committee inspect all electrical installations and appliances yearly and are regularly tested. Users should report any faults or damage to electrical equipment.
Hillwerke Recreational Trust
Reg Charity No 279656